Combi boiler, DHW, hot then cold, hot then cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine has just moved in to a property. When run tap, the water comes through very hot, then goes cold then goes really hot again then goes cold. What is likely to be the problem. Had a plumber round who said would need a new boiler!!!

Will it be an overheat stat or something???? Please could you help as I don't want her to be stitched up

Sponsored Links
Two possibilities here.

One. The boiler is in need of service, which would ensure operate sequence progresses without any problems and culminates with burner flame and its control circuitry operation.

Second. There is sediment in the HW heat exchanger. You do not say what the boiler is as there are boilers which will work adequately even when primary water is well pollutaed.

try cleaning the fan out as Ive just had a similar prob on a vokera 80 sp , check my earlier post VORKERA 80 SP DHW

Sponsored Links
Peter, fan should be checked and cleaned during the service as would the venturi.

Of course, a functional check or a flue analysis (neither of which can be called a service), will not flag a dirty fan or venturi encrustation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back