restore points

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have heard that every time a change is made to my computer a system restore point is created. Can anyone tell me if this is true, and can I remove some of the earlier restore points as I believe they use a fair bit of space. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Microsoft said:
The user can manually create a restore point at any time on their computer using the System Restore Wizard. Restore Points are also automatically created on your computer when:
  • Installing an unsigned device driver
  • Installing System Restore compliant applications (Installing an application that uses Windows Installer, or Install Shield Pro version 7.0 or later, causes System Restore to create a restore point)
  • Installing an update by using Automatic Updates
  • Performing a System Restore operation so the user can undo that restore operation if needed
  • Restoring data from backup media using the Backup tool
  • Creating daily restore points (System Restore creates a restore point every 24 hours if the computer is on or 24 hours have passed since the last restore point was created)
...and:
Microsoft said:
System Restore also provides a space management feature to purge old restore points to make room for new ones, creating a rolling safety net. Restore points over 90 days are purged automatically by default.

Sponsored Links
Back