Shower outlet elbow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, does anyone know if a chrome/brass female shower outlet elbow is available in 15mm? None of my local plumbing suppliers have one, I would like one with a shroud or similar.

Thank you in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
I don't understand. What is this coupling supposed to be connecting?

Do you mean 1/2" mf elbow? Surely must be available, I have a chrome one rolling around in the van somewhere definately.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

This outlet is used to connect the output of a concealed shower valve to a flexible shower hose. The fixed portion in the wall has a 15mm male outlet. So far have only been able to locate male elbows in nice chrome/brass finish. :confused:

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
By convention, the bit in the wall SHOULD be a FEMALE thread and flush with the tile surface. I think you'll find that all the 'designer' outlet elbows will have a male thread.

So you just want a mf elbow so that hose comes straight down off elbow?

Like I say there is one on my van, if you can be patient. There has been so much work lately that the van never gets sorted, it may take weeks but I will upturn it. I've been using it to pour system additived into radiators but I'm sure I could find something else. It will have been off a shower job somewhere.

Unfortunately, the original shower kit had a male outlet, and to replace it would involve dismantling the shower enclosure. Hence I'm trying to find an mf outlet, but a nice shrouded one.

Thanks Paul for the offer, I am going in today to Plumb Centre who have ordered one, to check on its design.

Thanks guys. :D

Paul Barker said:
... the van never gets sorted, it may take weeks but I will upturn it...

Wow! You're going to turn the van upside down and shake out all your spares? :LOL:

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the item provided by Plumb Centre is a mm elbow.

So, back to square one, Paul, have you found the fm elbow in your van?, if so I would be grateful to talk to you.

I'm afraid work is too ectic I am on 12 hour days and no ebergy to find floor of van, but will not forget you, there is definately one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back