Halstead Finest Gold (combi)

M.J

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when i run the boiler on central heating or hot water it locks out after about 5-10 mins.

all the radiators are on and they all get hot until the lockout.

Does anyone know what this fault could be?

Sponsored Links
It may be the gas valve settings but that needs a CORGI to check.

It could also be several other things which a boiler engineer would check in a series of diagnostic tests,

Its not like a flat tyre on a car which is easily diagnosed as the fault.

Tony

Some of the tests are easy for you to look at, such as whether the boiler is overheated or refusing to relight.
On CH:
What do you do to relight the boiler?
Does it relight immediately?
Do you have to press the overheat reset button lower left?
When it locks out, is there a "solid" or flashing red light?
etc

Is it happier to supply hot water at a small tap opening - say 4 litres/minute?

to reset the boiler i switch the power off to it,then back on.
the red light is solid on when it locks out

i tried to use the button underneath the boiler to the left hand side,but it didnt need it.(it wasnt stook out)

Sponsored Links
When you turn the power on the boiler goes through a short self-test which takes about 10 seconds. Does it ever fail to lockout during that?

Most likely is an airflow problem, but there are other possiblities and the pcb can go intermittent.

Suggest you get it serviced/checked by someone familiar with the boiler if it hasn't been done recently, then . It can be a pain trying to fault find an unpredictable boiler and take a long time, so it's worth covering the basics.

Like chris says they are prone to do this from an airflow problem, but it can also be because they need bleeding...does the vertical pin on top of the right valve drop down befoer it locks out?

sounds to me like an air flow problem the halsteads are prone to this the venturi on the fan has to be really smooth inside and the tubes clear. you may find it locks out more quickly on hw rather than ch because the gold has a higher out put on hw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back