Water from a vent pipe

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
I have enjoyed our little chat with Softus, both on line and off, perhaps thats where people go wrong, they don't listen to other ideas/opinion.

Stop I wouldn't even think about it :LOL:
I've enjoyed it too; I just don't know how to take it forward from here.

Did you by any chance try the appliance hose experiment?

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
doitall said:
I have enjoyed our little chat with Softus, both on line and off, perhaps thats where people go wrong, they don't listen to other ideas/opinion.

Stop I wouldn't even think about it :LOL:
I've enjoyed it too; I just don't know how to take it forward from here.

Did you by any chance try the appliance hose experiment?

I'll think of something. :LOL:

Connect your washing machine hose, hot to cold and turn them both on.

the water will come out the vent, with maybe a cupfull going up the cold feed

doitall said:
I'll think of something. :LOL:

Connect your washing machine hose, hot to cold and turn them both on.

the water will come out the vent, with maybe a cupfull going up the cold feed
Whoa there just a minute! Are you forgetting this:

At 23:22 on 15th July said:
The only other thing I can suggest is that you try an experiment. If you have a washing machine with cold and hot supplies, then connect one to the other and open the appliance valve a TINY amount. If you do it so that the flow rate is very low, then your CSC will overflow without anything coming through the vent pipe.

Not forgotten.

I also said it depends on the height of the vent above the water, the higher the vent the more likely for the water to go up the cold feed.

Remember I said at 0.2 bar, if you raised the vent 1m above the water level then the vent wouldn't overflow, increase the pressure and you would have the raise the vent to the higher head of water

My God! they're relying on Aristotlean methodology... arguing from deductive and inductive reasoning but not from experimentation and observation!

Unfortunately my ancient Grecian powers have long since faded, and my reasoning correspondingly weak. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back