Baxi 105e emitting interference

I think that there are four screws holding the pcb !

Disconnect the stat first and if that does not cure it then add the supression components.

Chris may be able to give you the values or I could possibly check it later on.

Be aware the bifilar inductor is relatively low impedance and may not be that effective at reducing the problem if its at the fundamental.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony,

I disconnected the thermostat and the signal was still there. Apparently the stat appears to have mains running into it! What a crap design.

If you can give the values for the components I would be very grateful. I agree though I don't think the filter will be very effective as you say.

Mike.

I've come rather late to this thread and have just skimmed through it.

I had a case two months ago with a Baxi Solo 2 fan which I sold a customer and he said it was causing RFI, we changed the fan for him and the problem went away. I have no idea how a shaded pole motor can cause such a problem (all contacts sound !) and back here at the factory here we couldn't reproduce the problem

The 105E fan is not much different to the Solo 2

Are you sure the RFI you are getting is at a particular frequency and not wideband (possibly a silly question, but I have to ask)

You can always bring your pcb along to us here at CET and we can bench test it for you, and change it / overcome the problem / sort it somehow

We're definitely your best bet - we have proper lab facilities and a test rig for the pcb

if you have the domestic and general maintenance plan, phone them out for a breakdown, and when the engineer gets their ask him to replace the pcb..........

i know i wouldnt have a problem with this, and i dont think any of our other engineers would.

what area do you live in??

after all its a nice easy job for the attending engineer....

however if it didnt cure the problem, there wouldnt be much more we could do!!!

Sponsored Links
I seem to remember a thread a few weeks ago where some CORGIs jumped down someone's throat for swapping a pcb because it might be the fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back