Kitchen ventillation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am currently planning a new kitchen and was planning on fitting a extractor hood I was wondering how close to a boiler vent can I fit my hob extractor vent?
Cheers
peely :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Typically the figure is 300mm, but you need to check the boiler mfrs instrs.

As well as an extractor fan it might be worth considering an air inlet vent in a suitable place.

Tony

Thanks for the help, why do I need an air inlet vent?
and what would be a suitable position?
ta
peely :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Rather oddly, an inlet air vent is not required by the regulations in all cases even when a fan is fitted.

A fan extracting to the outside will create a considerable air flow and will usually suck air in from a multitude of draft entry points throughout the house.

Since a kitchen with cooking can get quite hot its often more comfortable to manage the air movement by providing an inlet within the kitchen itself so that the air flow is designed rather than just arises. It can also give a better extract flow if the house is quite airtight.

Tony

Thanks for the advice so far,
got any ideas where I can find instructions for an optia ff50 boiler? so I can place my vent the correct distance away from my kitchen vent. Or do I just go for 300mm

Generally all inlet and extract vents must be at least 300 mm from the nearest part of a fanned flued boiler terminal.

Inlet and extract vents should ideally be at least 600 mm apart to reduce recirculation.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back