Product warning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Titan mono basin mixer from Tapmate. Fitted one of these today purchased from local shed. The thread on the pop-up waste outlet wasn't deep enough to accept the plastic trap. Fortunately had a small chrome botttle trap on the van but I had to use three washers before it nipped. Bad product or a dodgy batch I don't know!

Sponsored Links
had a few like that lately and it tends to be more of a problem with poorly manufactured sanitaryware. i tend to stick with manufacturers i know and therefore reduce the risk. sadly we just have to deal with it.

Thems all like that :eek:

The chrome traps will fit, but for plastic ones cut a bit of the nut :idea:

Sponsored Links
First one I've come across. I blame the accountants. "Let's lop a few mill off the pop-up wastes. We'll save 10p a fitting and the poor plumber who fits it won't know what hit him". You don't even want to know about the door I tried to fit today!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back