What sealer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cistern attached to my toilet has 2 bolt that go through the bottom of the cistern, through the pan and then tighten underneath the pan via wing nuts. They have rubber washers on them to stop the water from the cistern leaking out around the bolts. I recently changed these for a new set, checked them last night and one of the wing nuts was loose (the rubber had obvious compressed over time and become loose). I then tightened it back up at which point it started leaking no matter how tight I went with it.

What type of sealer could I use around the rubber washer that seals again the cistern. Is silicon sealer siutable to use when it will be emeraged in water 24/7.

Sponsored Links
Yes, or you could use LSX.

It would be better to get replacement original parts though. They dont need any sealant although I use silicone grease as it lubricates the sealing surfaces.

Tony

You might find that a yap washer does the same job as the orig. washer. I`d install without sealer if a new rubber washer is found ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back