AE130 (Hoover) not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Started today (typically the day before i go away). 2nd wash load is in im upstairs and hear a loadish bang. i thought it was the Kitchen door.

However when i go down i see the washer is no longer spinning, the cycle finishes and i open the door and find a coin in the rubber seal. But the clothes are still absolubtly drenched.

I started the cycle again and watched but all that happened was the machine filled up, but didnt spin. I unplugged it, drained most of the water, and took the back panel off. The belt was still on and the drum still span (by hand). I plugged it back in and this time the drum span a few times but didnt get up to spin speed and then stopped once again. made all the usual noises, but didnt spin.

Any ideas? do you think a coin could be stuck some where? I took the kick plate off the front but didnt know what to do then thers a little like pull out thing at the bottom left is that the filter and how do i remove it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back