Recurring internet connection icon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago I changed internet provider and created a new connection, making that the default connection also plus created new desktop icon.
I removed the desktop icon of the old provider.
Because that old desktop icon kept placing itself back on my desktop I also removed the connection completely from my system (I thought).
However, the blasted things keeps popping up on my desktop and in my connection file (control panel, network and internet connections). I keep removing it, but to no avail it seems.

How can I make sure once removed it won't show its ugly face again??

Sponsored Links
No, not aol, normal broadband internet connection (DSL to be precise)

Did you have to install the (old) connection manually or use a disk or other application.

I've seen some applications that use a self-repair mechanism if essential parts are damaged (or removed). These will run on boot up and effectively undo the changes you have made.

Which provider were you using and have you looked for an uninstaller or tried add/remove programs?

Sponsored Links
Hi Ignorian

Installed manual. Will look at the uninstall option etc you mentioned.
P.s. am I the only one experiencing lots of problems with the Internet today? (This morning lots of sites were down, then came back on again, mine also. But since one hour some, including mine = no normal email, are down again. Anyone heard anything about power problems in London docklands, where many sites are hosted?)

Back