Hoover soft wave 1100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hoover "softwave" 1100 washer-dryer.

Yesterday I had a blockage in the plumbing under the sink, and after clearing the u-bend I took the cold feed hose off the back of the machine and used it to blast some water through the waste before reassembling the trap.

Unfortunately when I reconnected it to the machine afterwards I forgot to turn the tap back on. This morning I set the machine on it's regular programme 4 and went out. I came back to find the machine had stopped dead half-way through the programme. This was when I investigated and found the tap to be off.

I turned the tap back on and restarted the programme. It seemed to work OK and the clothes are clean, BUT it took twice as long as it normally does.

Have I broken the machine?

Sponsored Links
Nobody?

Incidentally, on subsequent washes it seems to be back to normal. I'd still like to know if I'm likely to have done any damage though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back