Chaffoteaux Celtic FF Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

On direct hot water only...On turning on the hot tap, the main gas jets keep lighting and then failing so water is intermittently heated.Can you help please?

Sponsored Links
ap-cyto said:
Hi

On direct hot water only...On turning on the hot tap, the main gas jets keep lighting and then failing so water is intermittently heated.Can you help please?

diaphram torn

Hi
Thanks for your suggestions
It turned out that the changeover valve spindle was failing to activate the microswitches reliably.
A full turn of the adjuster screw breaks and makes contact every time now.
Thanks again
Great website :LOL:

Sponsored Links
ap-cyto said:
Hi
Thanks for your suggestions
It turned out that the changeover valve spindle was failing to activate the microswitches reliably.
A full turn of the adjuster screw breaks and makes contact every time now.
Thanks again
Great website :LOL:

Thats just hiding the fault for a while.

A new diaphragm will be required as Mr Dole pointed out.

This is now a very old boiler and you should be starting to save up for a replacement.

Changing the diaphragm may be an interesting job.

Tony

The diverter valve looks fairly normal, plastic box sitting on top with microswitches inside. Box held to brasss casting by a metal spring clip. So to inspect, you can just pull out the clip, and take the switches off, yes ?

Yes you can, but when the water hits the ceiling you realise you shouldn't have...

ChrisR wrote:
Yes you can, but when the water hits the ceiling you realise you shouldn't have...

Funnily enough , a mate told me in the boozer last night that he did just that. (customer stood behind him shaking his head in disgust)

Its good when its someone else, don't you agree?

It would not have been Chris or I but it could have been you !!!!

Thanks for your additional comments guys.
I changed the diverter valve (including the diaphragm) about a year ago so I hope it`s going to be OK.
Fingers crossed! ;)
Yes, I`m saving up for a new boiler because it`s old and the price of gas

Perhaps it was just not set correctly a year ago then!

Save up quickly! With the price of gas not many people are going to be able to afford to operate non condensing boilers.

tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back