how secure are speedfit fittings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our toilet is fed from the cold water rising main, and consists of a copper tube coing out of the floor into a isolation valve. Then, there is another section of copper pipe coming out of the other end, to which a plastic speedfit connector (with the braided piping and nut on the other end) is used to connect the water supply to the bottom entry float valve in the toilet.

My question is whether this is ok to use on mains pressure? I haven't had any problems with it so far, but if the fitting was pushed off from the pressure then the bathroom would flood until I came home and turned the ISO valve off. Is this type of fitting ok to use for this? They are quite stubborn to remove so I'm assuming it is ok, but I thought I would ask you guys to clarify.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes they are rated to do it, and big numbers are in use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back