Toilet keeps filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I found that our toilet keeps filling as there is a constant trickle of water from the top of the pan to the pool of water at the bottom. The toilet is the type with a push button flush at the top and a central 'drop valve' type siphon to release the water. When you press the button, a cable pulls the centre part upwards thus releasing the water.

I'm assuming that the sealing rubber ring on the bottom of it this has failed allowing a slow but steady trickle of water to pass through, hence why the tiolet keeps filling. The tiolet was fitted by the previos owner, and so I don't know what make it is, so how would I go about getting a replacment seal? If I removed the unit from the tiolet and took it a to a plumbers merchant, are they likely to stock replacements for these? Or would b&q have them?

Sponsored Links
The other ppssibility is thatit's overflowing. Water would be going over the top of the central tube in most formats. That would mean the inlet valve's leaking.

Assuming it's the flush valve though, there isn't a standard one. Though you might be able to clean the sealing ring or get lucky by taking it to a merchant, you may have to replace the whole valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back