sINGLE STACK THROUGH CONCRETE FLOOR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building an extension and want to install an upstairs toilet, using single stach pipe with AVA. The down stairs floor will be concrete when laid. Is it OK to take the pipe through the DMP and concrete around the pipe. Do I need to do anything with the pipe to prevent dampness as I have taken the pipe through the Damp proof membrane. Any advice.

Sponsored Links
Use a slow bend at the bottom where it goes through the wall, wrap plastic DPM around the pipe and tape it to the existing.

After you have re-concreted you can coat with bitumin to give more protection.

doitall said:
Use a slow bend at the bottom where it goes through the wall, wrap plastic DPM around the pipe and tape it to the existing.

After you have re-concreted you can coat with bitumin to give more protection.

Cheers for that. You suggest wrap plastic DPM around pipe, is this ordinary plastic or is special stuff ?

Any plastic would do, but normally you would use the 1000g as used for the dpm.

Duct tape is what you would use to stick it to the existing and also to tape it around the pipe.

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
Any plastic would do, but normally you would use the 1000g as used for the dpm.

Duct tape is what you would use to stick it to the existing and also to tape it around the pipe.

Thanks for that.

Taking about drainage, my extension will be on my existing driveway and there is an access cover to the drains and a rodding eye cover. The cover to the drains will be in the new garage, I believe thats alright but will need a new lid for the drain that is double sealed, is that right?
The rodding position will be in the utility next to the rear door, can this remain there and can you get double seals for this. I am going to tile the floor so the tile over the rodding eye will be loosely fixed. Is that OK.

The existing drainage pipework is UPVC 600mm below ground, will all the existing pipework need to be haunched in concrete to protect it and then lay the concrete floor to garage and house floor.

You will need to ask your building inspector most of the questions.

But yes sounds ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back