question about an automatic bypass valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys = just a quick question i have just recently installed my central heating pipework and i am nearly ready to have a plumber install the boiler.

I have purchased a ferroli f30b and notice in the manual it states that and automatic bypass should be fitted at least 3 metres from the appliance (or something to that effect)

A couple of plumbers i had to quote on installing the boiler suggested that in the bathroom it is best to use non thermostatic valves As its better to keep the bathroom warmer and this avoids using a bypass.

i just wondered whether anyone else does/reccomends this or should i get the bypass valve fitted.

Thanks for the help guys

Andy

Sponsored Links
andymarshal said:
hi guys = just a quick question i have just recently installed my central heating pipework and i am nearly ready to have a plumber install the boiler.

I have purchased a ferroli f30b and notice in the manual it states that and automatic bypass should be fitted at least 3 metres from the appliance (or something to that effect)

A couple of plumbers i had to quote on installing the boiler suggested that in the bathroom it is best to use non thermostatic valves As its better to keep the bathroom warmer and this avoids using a bypass.

i just wondered whether anyone else does/reccomends this or should i get the bypass valve fitted.

Thanks for the help guys

Andy

it is called a differential bypass and is recommeded by regs it reduces noise in the system

The regulations now say that an auto bypass valve should be fitted unless the boiler maker says its not necessary.

It has been common practice to use a bathroom rad as a proxi bypass by not fitting TRVs but this is NOT acceptable under the latest regulations and any "plumber" who tells you otherwise is a "mini cowboy".

Tony

Sponsored Links
ok guys, thanks for help - i just wanted to check this out. i will make sure that one is fitted.

Thanks
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back