FAO breezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Breezer,

Just wondering what model this machine were? Looks very similar to our WM25.

Out of interest, what went wrong with yours? Our's is about 10yr old (i think? anyone know?) used 3 times a day and has only had the brushes changed!

your post has been split from Breezer's refence section

Sponsored Links
damed if i can remember, but they are all basicaly the same inside.

my bearings went, although as an ex hp engineer i know how to change them, i havent the special hp tools we had then, and it was not worth bothering with for hp to put in new bearings, £240 from hp (including all parts i wanted) £250 for new m/c

yes, because parts are only free for 5 years, and they can not say how much an appliance is actualy sold for.

When i did work for hp, i had to charge a bloke £180 to fix his m/c even though he could have got a new one for say £50 more, but that is what he wanted

Sponsored Links
£180 repairing an old machine would probably be a more reliable option than going for a £230 new machine these days!

not really, and that was the, £180 was max charge, now ther is no max charge.

but suppose the bearings went,

chching £180 please

then the cabinet gives up

chching £180 please

motor goes

chching £90 please (i am guessing that one)

unless it was related to what was changed it is also charged for, so since the cabinet is nothing to do with the bearings, you could have in theory have to have spent £360 which is more than a new m/c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back