Help changing a timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Danfoos 103 timer at the moment http://www.danfoss-randall.co.uk/Si...l7ID=&intLevel8ID=&intLevel9ID=&intLevel10ID= but i want to replace it with a Siemens RWB9 but iam unsure about my system type on the diagram,Choices are Gravity,Mid-Position and Zone (think its gravity but not 100% sure) and which wires going into which ports.
current wiring into the Danfoss 103 is

2 red& 1 brown into No 1
Empty No 2
Red wire going from No 3 into No 6
2 Earth going into Earth
2 Black& 1 blue No 5
1 red from wall and 1 red from No3 into No 6

All iam looking for is someone who can help me put the correct wires into the siemens timer please
Many Thx ;)

Sponsored Links
Need some more info , have you a room stat , a cylinder stat, any motorised valves ??????, on your existing timer 5 and 6 are your live and neutral mains feed 3 is linked to the mains on 6 and when your timer switches on it provides a live to no 1 which sends live to your boiler and pump and/ or motorised valves , it doesnt sound like you have a mid position system , it sounds more like a basic system with possibly gravity hot water and pumped heating or possible pumped heating and pumped hot water.

Room stats either need a 3 wire or 2 wire connection (excluding earth). One wire is the switched live in from the programmer, one the switched live out to the boiler/pump and the third is a neutral to connect to the accelerator in the stat (if there is one).

If both your old and new stats have accelerators then it's a straightforward swop. If the old does but not the new, there may be an unconnected terminal to park the neutral wire safely. Read the instructions!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back