Re-Fitting Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've installed a wooden floor in the downstairs bathroom and now need to re-fit the toilet.

The floor level has been raised by 40mm and the water inlet pipe is now in the way of where the pan connector will go. I need to move this pipe but the difficulty is that it comes out of the wall (dry lined) has a drain point and then rises to an isolation valve which connects directly to the plastic cistern inlet (20mm thread?).

I was thinking about cutting an hole into the plasterboard, cutting the pipe back clear of where the pan connector will go and then fitting a compression elbow to enable the pipe to exit the wall at a more suitable location.
To make it easier for me (never done any plumbing before), I was thinking about using a flexible tap connector (with isolation valve to connect between the pipe and the plastic inlet. Would this be okay? I don't think I wood need a drain point as the flexible connector would enable me to drain at a low point.

If the above is okay, what flexible connector would I need? It would need to connect to 15mm copper and 20mm (ish) plastic inlet?

Any confirmation that the above is okay or what is the best approach would be much appreciated. I've been putting doing the job off but the missus is now on to me about it!

Many thanks,

Damian

Sponsored Links
Hi Tincup,

Thanks for the response - I've now got the part I needed from Screwfix (was actually the 1/2" version when I measured it again).

Is it okay for these flexible connectors to be bent to accomodate a near 90 deg angle over their entire length. Ideally I only need a short length but it will need to take the pipe from a horizontal position to vertical inlet. Is it okay for these connectors to be bent 90 deg (obviously without kinking them)?

Many thanks,

Damian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back