ServoWarm Elite Pilot Problem H E L P !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My old Servowarm Elite boiler was working fine until I switched off the gas. After switching on again, I went throught the procedure of holding the button in for 10 seconds after striking the flame, but the pilot would not stay on. Suspecting the thermocouple, I changed it, but am still having the same problem.
Is it possible that the reset switch needs changing ?.. or could it be the thermo-elctric valve ?????
H E L P !!!
Also, does anyone know the best place to buy parts from.
Thanks in advance !

Sponsored Links
Could be replaced thermocouple not positioned correctly..sticking solenoid..blockage..has it been serviced..if so how long ago..are you a Corgi registered engineer..if not get one out..

The thermocouple is positioned correctly....since it has been working well until now.
I notice that it sometimes will stay on, and disturbing the reset switch and moving the associated leads will cause the valve suddenly to shut down and the pilot to switch off.

Yes, its high resistance contacts on the o/h stat !

The original type is almost certainly obselete now.

They must never be bypasssed as that can cause the boiler to explode.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Agile,

Are they really so special, couldn't i get a similar one off the shelf somewhere ?

only use genuine parts, these overheat sensors can vary slightly as to what temp. they "lock out " on, depending on where they are situated on the appliance.Under no circumstance attempt to bypass it.If in doubt, get a C.O.R.G.I. installer in.

No, they are not special, however the model is. more info please.

Turn the boiler to run on the programmer, light pilot and hold for ages :LOL: technical term for a long time.

release the knob very slowly and the burner should light, pilot will stay alight.

spliffy said:
Hi Agile,

Are they really so special, couldn't i get a similar one off the shelf somewhere ?

Probably, overheat stat is part number 7407 costs 60 - 70 quid. Just wondering what sort of thermocouple you used to replace it as the tc's on the servowarm elite are specials and cost about 80.00 :!: :!: ...perhaps a gc number may help us shed some light.

ollski said:
spliffy said:
Hi Agile,

Probably, overheat stat is part number 7407 costs 60 - 70 quid. Just wondering what sort of thermocouple you used to replace it as the tc's on the servowarm elite are specials and cost about 80.00 :!: :!: ...perhaps a gc number may help us shed some light.

Hold your horses ollski, we need to id the boiler first, there are several different models including the electronic.

Some have a universal TC, others have an interupt.

doitall said:
Hold your horses ollski, we need to id the boiler first, there are several different models including the electronic.

Some have a universal TC

I have no reason the think that the boiler is "Immediately Dangerous".

As far as I can recall I have fitted a common t/c in one of those and it was identical to the part fitted.

The o/h stat is very different !

Tony

Agile said:
doitall said:

Some have a universal TC

I have no reason the think that the boiler is "Immediately Dangerous".

Tony

You could be right there Tony the OP can't get the pilot to light :LOL:

spliffy said:
Hi Ollski,
Can you confirm that that part number is correct ?

Only if you confirm me a gc number although that is taken from my parts list for a servowarm / malvern elite 30.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back