ariston microgenus 23 repeated shutdowns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a ariston microgenus 23 and evertime we put the hot water on the pilot light lights goes off after 3 seconds does it agian and gradually the time gets longer but allways switches off and then restarts itself help.
we ve not had any hot water for 9 days of sorts and getting a plumber out is a pain they wont come out
can anyone help us please :(

Sponsored Links
are you saying the boiler locks out and you have to reset using reset button or that the burner will light then go out completely and the relight?

no its not locking out its going off then relighting all the time
dosent stay on longer than 20 to 30 sec although there is hot water .
i leave the tap running and the boiler keeps stopping and starting

Sponsored Links
every plumber we call all say call who ever fitted it but we dont know who fitted it .
i give them the symptoms and they never show up

Its unlikely to be a common boiler in your area and its quite possible that they just know nothing about your model and they dont want to waste your time or their's if they think there is little chance of fixing it.

Its a simple problem and would take me about 10-15 minutes I expect. But you are 160 miles away!!!

Where exactly are you?

Where is Rama ?

Tony

could be a number of things but it will require a corgi engerneer to repair it tho. i have had experience with this boiler before. It could be sludged up if it is installed onto an existing system(old rads). or it could be a thermistor problem. Like i siad if will require a corgi reg plumber to repair it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back