HELP!! overflow pipe leaking badly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. i have a chaffeteaux combi boiler. pressure on it is very high and the overflow is leaking quite badly. is this something i can sort myself. if so please tell me how to . many thanks :D

Sponsored Links
If the pressure is not dropping when the PRV blows off then either the filling loop has not been turned off properly, ( easy fix ) or the water to water heat ex has gone ( your fooked! )
If it's the latter then the HE will need renewing.

many thanks for your replies .

keego are u able to explain to me how to turn the filling loop off. sorry to be a pain but i havent a clue.

i did turn a tap that was above the outflow pipe which made a bit more water come out then went to the steady drip again. had this boiler few yrs now and never been right really :confused:

many thanks for any more help on this :D

Sponsored Links
Somewere around the area of the boiler you will find a connection from the cold main to the flow or return, this will have a steel braided hose linking the 2 & will have a Ball o fix valve on the cold main side ( usually, although it could have on at either end ).
Make sure the Ball o fix valve is shut & remove the braided hose to make sure no more water can enter the system, if the pressure still builds up then it will be the HE.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back