TRV Faulty? HelP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are TRV's meant to be fitted on the Flow or Return, I am guessing that the flow is the hot pipe when the TRV doesn't let any water through?

If I have fitted round wrong way will rads still work>?? cos can't get no water through either!

I don't think it matters, but the other two rads are ok but one is totally full of water but the hot water just ain't pumping thru it, the flow pipe was hot earlier but not now?

I am draining off water, and no hot coming thru, could this be a faulty TRV? I have tried knocking the pin and nothing and taking off trv top, looks ok.

Is there anyway to find out if faulty TRV, or worst case I could have the piping wrong, but don't think so cos the flow was red hot earlier on!

any ideas?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Was this a current TRV purchased new from a reputable manufacturer?

yeah brand new on all rad's its a Drayton RT212 , others work fine. what do you reckon?

diybristol said:
or worst case I could have the piping wrong, but don't think so cos the flow was red hot earlier on!
Cheers

Could this rad be plumbed in series with another rad, rather than off flow/return. The regulars here may not believe me, but I have actually seen an install where this had been done by a diy-er. Took me a few mins to figure out what on earth was going on, but the hall rad was in series with a bedroom rad! :eek:

Sponsored Links
nah it was done seperately, the thing is the flow was hot when I first put on heating, so it was getting there, but nothing going thru

I assume that there is still no flow with the head off and the pin is not stuck in?

Tony

thanks, bought a new one, still didn't work was a massive airlock in system! took all afternoon to sort out.

Thanks for help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back