Gravity fed electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes: Can anyone tell me if I can feed my electric shower from a header tank stored in the loft. This is to guarantee a consistent water pressure to the shower as the pressure in the area is very poor

Sponsored Links
i have seen this done before but it depends on the minimum flow rate and pressure as situated in the manufacturers specifications e.g 1 meter from your header tank to your shower head is equall to about 0.1 bar so if your tank is 5 meters high without any pipe restrictions it would be 0.5 bar so check the manual and read the specs

If your head of pressure is not enough you can install a single impeller pump to feed the shower.
Pete

It's not so simple. This question has been asked and answered very recently so look down the topic index.

Sponsored Links
Yes, sure. Mira make a pumped one too. but he's talking about using his existing shower, which isn't likely to work.

Yes, I agree. It would be a waste of money, better put towards a replacement unit imho. What do you make of the Mira? I was going to get one but couldn't get any sense out of plumbcentre, so got the 8.5kW from TLC instead.

Never installed or even seen a pumped one, but in general I would say that Mira are better quality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back