Leaky Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!

Last night I noticed our boiler (a Glow worm Combi) was leaking water onto the floor.
On closer inspection I found that the microswitch for the domestic hotwater supply was leaking. I removed the microswitch to find a needle about 1mm diameter and 5-6mm long poking out of a metal body valve. I suspect that the needle moves in and out to activate the microswitch.
It's around this needle that is leaking. The leak is very small at the moment but I suspect it'll get worse.

My question is, if I take the cap off the valve will I be able to replace a seal and fix the leak? Or is it time to call out the pros???

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its probably quite easy to replace the gland yourself but you will have to turn off the mains water supply to the boiler and have the replacement part ready.

If we were called to do that in the London area then we would charge £84 plust the cost of the part, £6-£9 probably, but that would include a service and performance check.

Tony

Tony

Thanks Tony,

I'll order the part and give it a go - I'll keep the local plumber's number on the ready!

Thanks again

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back