vokera 80 sp excell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
i had trouble with dhw system going hot & cold quite a while ago.local corgi plumber found trouble with the boiler maintaining the right pressure due to a faulty inlet valve!that was replaced and the pressure is a constant 1.5 bar but still the dhw fluctuates.he then changed the thermistor but there was no improvement.since then the hot water went off completely and my plumber replaced the gas valve which got me back intermittent water again!then he has changed the heat exchanger which has improved the dhw but i still get the cold treatment in the shower!i think my plumber has run out of ideas,i suggested it might be the diaghram as it has been mentioned on here,but he dissmissed this saying i wouln't get any hot water at all!
i may be imagining it but the warmer the day is,the worse the problem seems to be!
any help would be much appreciated,as my plumber has already quoted me £1100 for a new boiler which is scaring the life out of me!

Sponsored Links
I would be scared by anyone replacing all those parts and not curing the fault !

I do hope that you were not charged for any of those.

He sounds totally incompetent !

We call people like that "parts changers" as they have no diagnostic skills at all.

I would find your fault in about 15-20 minutes as it will probably take longer than usual !

Tony

It would seem your plumber is out of his depth with the Excell.

This boiler is a joy to work on. It looks like parts have been changed without a reason. A better approach would be to understand how the boiler functions and then establish why the water is not being maintained at a correct temperature.

I would certainly not be tempted with a new plastic wonder. Your boiler has a few years of life under its 'belt' yet.

Sponsored Links
thank you for the replies,the radiators have been bled,there was a lot of air in them with the pressure problem at first but the thermocouple,i do not know?this has cost me £350 so far so to have a new boiler after that would be heart breaking!

Nah...some of the excells required a couple of large allen keys to get the water to water off.

I agree with DP...i lurve em.

the plumber i used,when he changed the heat exchanger reckoned it was a right pig of a job to do!he said he didn't fancy doing another one!

Ask your plumber (i hope he is CORGI) if he would kindly clean the fan venturi, and check that the gas pressures are correctly set up.

If he gives you a blank look......bin him :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back