HELP !! we have a leaking part - what's it called please ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've discovered a leak on a valve ( is it a valve ?) and this may be the cause of all our heating troubles, the thing is I don't have a clue what this component is called and until I find out I can't search for a new one. I hope someone can help asap.

Thanks
Andy

leak.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's a Myson Aerjec. I don't know if they're still made, but similar deaerators are. You could just join the pipes up with 22mm tees. The deaerator bit isn't strictly necessary.

Great, is it just a case of removing the old one and replacing exactly as is currently fitted ? Will it have presoldered joints (I'm not a diy fan).

11334.gif

Sponsored Links
They are also good sludge collectors. Hence they start leaking what is the colour of the water coming out, By the looks of the rag very poo-poo brown. If so system may require a good flushing out

Good luck

Yes ,it`s correctly fitted...........but has no pre soldered joints :cry:Peculier that, I fitted them to all my installs , way back pre corgi..and i never got sludge .....perhaps I got the pipe work right and also the flushing/ inhibitor.....perhaps I should have got corgi and carried on :idea:

It the dogs towel and it's meant to be brown. :D

Are these likely to be available in local stores i'e Plumbase or similar ?

it aint a bad a idea to use compression to fix this in, so (as Pox says) WHEN they get sludged up they are easier to remove and clean.

I think that I have seen them in the B&Q warehouse.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back