Ideal Isar HE30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not asking for prices but would like a comment based on the following circumstances. I have just had BGas in to quote on a new combi boiler. They have quoted £4,000 for an Ideal Isar HE30 (inc installation), including ME Bonding (whatever that is) and descaling. There is a bit of work to change a few pipes and make the flue compatible

BUT

Seems a lot considering I've seen this particular boiler advertised for around £700! Does installation really cost that much??

Sponsored Links
It does if you want BG to do it....Check out your local papers for a good Corgi engineer/Firm. People are just too lazy to bother taking the time out to search.. This is what BG are banking on, hence over inflated prices...have you tried looking on t`internet? Have a search on this Forum..tons of info for the answer you require..talking of people being too lazy,I`m still with BG for my Gas supply!..How`s that for lazy & glutton for punishment.

Main Earth bonding is the electrical bonding of your gas and water main (min 10mm earth cable but depends on meter tails size) to an earth point or MET near your electrical service head and the supplemntary bonding usually of your heating,cold and hot water pipes (electrically joining them usually 4mm earth cable).
Lee

Not everyone would be suggesting the Ideal Isar as the best boiler to use!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes Highly, what BG arnt telling you is that they installed them for 2 years until they were costing more than they were worth to repair under a contact do stoped using Ideals until recently.......they are crap, stay clear.

Yes use one of the bg versions of the worcester greenstar, think its the rd528.....they do still pump out a few ideal isars as they now get them for peanuts but unfortunately they are another ideal disaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back