Fluctuating Water Temperature - Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We bought a 3 bed, 2 bathroom + a guest toilet flat which has a Winchester 24i boiler (unknown age). When we run the water in the shower or kitchen sink, the water temperature through the mixer fluctuates considerable, even when there is just one of us home. Does anyone know if this is a boiler fault or a plumbing issue. In winter the one bathroom shower (closer to the boiler) never gets hot enough, but the en-suite (further from the boiler) does get hot enough which does not seem to make sense to me. Both will then fluctuate in temperature. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
hi,
a common cause for this is also the gas valve modulator min/max settings not being right; the answer is to get a local corgi engineer to set the gas valve up to the pressures in the handbook, both the maximum and the minimum settings will need adjusting

Sponsored Links
Can anyone tell me more about a Winchester 24i boiler?

Clearly Fitz and Theaky seem to know about them!

Tony

Alfredo said:
I think the Winchester is the 15/50 pump action model :LOL: :LOL:

Alfredo

maybe we should turn up on the doorstep in a cowboy outfit... seems to be the thing for john prescott.
perhaps it'll catch on

graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back