Puma CH randomly comes on

Now as Chris would say, what exactly have you fitted when you changed a "switch"?

I would interpret that is the little switch at about £10 but Chris would interpret this as the hydraulic unit at about £45.

What you need to do is open the front, swing down the pcb unit and view the operating pin from the hydraulic unit throught the little holes when you turn the HW tap off.

The pin should retract sharply and leave a gap of about 1 mm clear of the switch.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Chris would interpret this as the hydraulic unit
Wrong Tony, I'm not interpreting anything.
When the poster says he has changed the "DHW Flow Switch" I simply accept that he has changed what Potterton call the "DHW Flow Switch".

I am sure that if Potterton hear of your disquiet about their name they will change it without delay :LOL:

ChrisR said:
It could be the electrical "microswitch" which isn't all that micro, which is attached to the end of the diaphragm flow switch. If it is faulty (wet?)....
See if the red led on the pcb is on when it shouldn't be. That indicates DHW flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back