HELP HELP HELP Please!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( CAN ANYONE FROM ALL YOU EXPERIENCED PEOPLE HELP ME.
I AM STARTING SOLO IN PLUMBING AND WAS WONDERING WHERE I SHOULD PURCHASE MY MATERIALS FROM??

PEOPLE HAVE SUGGESTED THAT I SPEND A GRAND IN SCREWFIX AND GET EVERYTHING IN ONE HIT AS I WAS TOLD THAT IT WOULD BE RECOVERED PRETTY QUICK?

:confused: I JUST DONT KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR STUFF AS IT COSTS THE EARTH...

ANY POINTERS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WOULD BE GREATFUL.

please note forum rule 6

Sponsored Links
personally i just have a few accounts with all the plumbers merchants as you have a month or 2 to pay them giving you time to get paid. screwfix etc are quite a bit cheaper than the local merchants but you have to pay for it straight away and if you are just setting up may be a problem.

You can also set up a trade account with screwfix to give you some leeway.
Just purchase the main items like all the end feed joints, compression fittings, tap connectors, waste fittings etc in bulk.
Price around for copper tube when you see it cheap buy as much as you can carry and store for later use, I found whenever a large store has one of there 10/15 % off everything is a good time to get copper tube along with heating pumps.
Good luck
Pete

Ah yes great info and great advice with many thanks,

I am going to look into the suggestions given in more detail today,

Thanks again. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I know we all have to start somewhere but if YOU dont know where to buy your materials from i dont see how you will be able to give anybody a service.

Lets get this straight..if you don't know where to buy plumbing supplies does this mean you have nil plumbing experience and intend practicing on the general public from scratch..or have you been to college and learned the basics or even qualified with an NVQ2 in plumbing?

Alfredo

I would ask in a local merchant or 2 .....and if you can find a shop with a old plumber who`s knackered and has gone for an easier life in the shop ...............he will be worth his weight in copper :LOL:

that was a bit harsh.

When I was an aprrentice the materials always turned up magical like at the start of every job

findind out you had to buy them was as big a shock as finding out when you first move out that when loo roll runs out it dont just replace it self

:LOL: :LOL:

Find a good local plumber's merchant (Not a fancy national chain) and buy as much as you can from him. Establish a relationship, give him the odd sweetener if you like and ask for his best prices. Then PAY him on time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back