Connecting old to new water main

carryoncamping said:
doitall said:
Its wrote on the pipe :rolleyes: :cool:

then order as per my first post, or ask when you have found the details

The Pipe has BS-1972 which is followed by an inverted triangle with a squiggle in it followed by Class C.

I'll take a trip to a one of the companies you mention with the pipe.

Cheers

Excellent, so you want a philmac straight connector, An insert for 25mm blue poly MDPE, and an insert for 3/4" class C alcathene.

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
No it's ½" Class C poly, not ¾".

Oooooooooooops :oops: glad someone is following the thread.

Of course you are correct :cool:

The OP is going to take a sample with him anyway, fortunately :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I had a 1/2 inch LDPE black type c pipe which was connected to a 1/2 inch compression joint, the pipe didn't have a proper liner , instead a small length of 15 mm copper had been used instead. This worked OK but when I tried to replace the 1/2 inch compression joint with the slightly larger 22 mm compression joint and 3/4 inch olive, it wouldn't seal. I think the proper liner is necessary and apart from a few old boxes of these on ebay they don't seem to be available.
Philmac UK said their Philmac Universal Transfer Joint did not need a liner for the 1/2 inch LDPE pipe. But these weren't available despite telling me Travis Perkins or Jewsons stocked them.

The Local plumbing shop very helpful and provided a UTC made by Plasson £13 which had a push fit for the 22 mm copper pipe and a compression joint using a large rubber O ring, which they said wouldn't need a liner. To be on the safe side I did put in the 15 mm copper liner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back