Vokera boiler heating OK but hot water not firing up

Sorry DP no offense intended, I admire you and Tony, and recognise that in fact those hidden faults 2 3 and 4 which call us back to a boiler you guys can find before you leave.

One day I will waste less time because I have your acumen.

Please never read my posts as though I am having a go at you i would never do that. I might more likely be having a go at myself.

Sponsored Links
All this bowing & deferring is making my toes curl up........ :cry:

Well I know you yanks are always flaming each other and rest of world on forums but over this side of the pond we have manners.

Paul Barker said:
How true Chris, except the boilers tony and DP go to.

Must have forgotten your manners when you posted this then ;)

Sponsored Links
You misread it Bamber.

Chris was suggesting that normal rgis fix faults 1 and 2 but often don't notice 3 and 4. PB was suggesting that 3 and 4 are resolved by Agile and DP before they leave the job.

cdg said:
You misread it Bamber.

Chris was suggesting that normal rgis fix faults 1 and 2 but often don't notice 3 and 4. PB was suggesting that 3 and 4 are resolved by Agile and DP before they leave the job.

I didn`t..he suggested this after DP pulled him up..you have misread.. not going to get into a long drawn out argument until Softus gets back...I can only cope with being put in my place by one person at a time ;)

Just to let you know - British Gas came back and the engineer this time found a connection that had not been recoonected - I do not know to what - he said that would fix it. The result is that for the first time in a year the hot water in the shower is maintaining temperature and not cycling hot and cold all the time, so I guess he fixed something that the last BG engineers did not replace a year ago! (They kept telling me showers could not really be run from Combi boilers.) Now the boiler is mostly firing up but first thing in the morning and sometimes when I get home in the evening, i.e. when the boiler has not been fired up for awhile, I have to put the heating on first to make the hot water come on. I am so pleased to have a continuous hot shower that I am not calling them back again. I can put up with firing up the heating in the morning, after all it is nearly September. What a pity I don't live in Glasgow!

I can only suggest a fault is still present. The boiler should fire every time a hot tap is run. If it does not and will only function when CH is running, might be an idea to get the service engineer to carry out service as detailed in the manual.

Bamber I didn't change my tack I simply explained myself because I was misunderstood. Your first interoretation was wrong as was DP's first impression, which is why I had to explain myslef further, otherwise I would have no need to add to what was said quite adequately.

Carrievictors, will be following up the 'lazy hot water' operation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back