CORGI INFORMING APPLIANCE MANUFACTURERS OF INSTALLATIONS

I THINK CORGI GAS MAN IS A WHISLE BLOWER AND WORKS FOR CORGI AND I THINK I KNOW IS NAME SHALL I POST IT ON HERE AND FRY THE CORRPRATE TRAITOR. OR IS IT THUMBS UP, WHAT DO YOU SAY COLLIN

Please see forum rule 6

Sponsored Links
blow the whistle on what?????

why would they part with hard earned for info they already have?????

IF YOU LOOK AT PAGE 11 OF THE RULES FOR REGISTRATION SECTION 7.3 TO 7.3.4 ......(WHERE APPROPRIATE,TO NOTIFY THE MANUFACTURER OF THE GAS INSTALLATION WHERE IT HAS BEEN INSTALLED.

THIS IS NO CONSPIRACY IT IS WRITTEN IN BLACK AND WHITE.
ONCE THE MANUFACTURER KNOWS ABOUT THE JOB THEN THEY HAVE ACQUIRED A COMMERCIAL GAIN TO PROMOTE THERE OWN SERVICE CONTRACT AT THE EXPENSE OF THE POOR ONE MAN BAND.

lynda, moderator

Please see forum rule 6

i can't see what corgi are gibing the manufactures that they don't already have. Like a couple others said. When you send your warranty off for your several years garantee they will have all these details anyway. Up to customer if they want extended warranty.

Sponsored Links
yes fair enough the customer may choose to fill out the warranty card and send to the manufacturer, but your missing the point. Not everyone would perhaps want the private data being sold onto third parties ie (DVLA and private car clamping companies). (CORGI and appliance manufacturers).

The Government want 100 percent of gas appliances to be under a service contract currently 70 percent( published in gas installer magazine).
By corgi notifying the appliance manufacturer of each installation they are speeding up the process which will inturn make the small sole trader eventually go out of business.

What would the government gain by having all boilers on a service contract, why would they care

Unless what you are saying Is that Tony Blair and CORGI are in cahoots, have kidnapped shergar and are selling state secrets about water powered cars to lord lucan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are through the looking glass people, the truth is out there

;)

I am kidding, still dont see the money, not for CORGI not for manufacturers and defo not for the government

You (collectively) are missing the points.

IF a boiler owner CHOOSES to send off the warranty card with complete address details, that's up to them. If they choose instead to register 'Mrs Snoggins, <postcode>, Anytown' that's still a perfectly valid warranty registration that they can call on later if necessary. If they choose NOT to register the warranty at all, for whatever reason, that may be unwise but it's their choice. Sales by CORGI of large numbers of site details in bulk to manufacturers is completely different, for the reasons I've already posted.

I also get very ****ed-off with Seagull Service by manufacturers on one- and two-year-old boilers, when a service SHOULD be mostly profit (no parts required). (Seagull: fly in, crap over everything, fly out again with no chance of comebacks.) But so long as it's not made as easy for them as shooting fish in a barrel, I can live with it.

If CORGI are selling this information off they will be direct contravention of the DATA Protection act 1998

I also remember reading in the Gas Installer when GWN was first mooted that CORGI stating that no information gleamed from the GWN scheme WILL ever be sold on to third parties.

I really do not believe CORGI would chance their franchise for a mess of pottage do you?

Not really missing the point croyden as you are rright quite another thing for some to choose to send details off to a thrid party, but my point still remains WHY would CORGI do it WHERE is the MONEY in it??

Nope it dont ring true to me

the government wants everyone to have a service contract for safety reasons.(carbon monoxide reductions) This was mentioned in the gas installer magazine about 2 months ago.Also a feature of the hip.

If your customer expressly told you that they didnt want their personal data to be made available to third party companies then you have a duty to not disclose it.You can get taken to court if the info is traded around.

Note the rules for registration already mentioned by corgi gas man 1 posting.

Another possible flaw is competant person scheme rules where you have to offer an insurance backed waranty as part of the rules for membership.
You can only offer insurance if you are regulated by the Financial Service Authority. Having been in contact with perimeter guidance at the Financial Service Authority they were concerned about this and have advised that you cannot offer insurance or an insurance backed warranty to a customer without legally being regulated by the Financial Services.And as Corgi engineers i doubt that many are.

the mutt is gonna get put down soon ... there is a HUGE rumble in Parliment about their Rule, the collars going to be snapped back soon , I wont name the top branch MUTT guy who has said the upper bodies NO the Monopoly is over , FACT...
moz the wise sees two same mutts soon by next Xmas but very competitive ! :) :) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back