Has the bath got an overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bath has one of these levers that you press to get the plunger to go down. Last year the people downstairs complained there was water through their ceiling. I went back to the bathroom company and they gave me some reason that if you jumped in the bath quickly it can cause it to go down the hole but it would work if the taps were left on accidently. ARe they telling me rubbish as it doesn't sound right to me. Does this bath sound like it has an overflow or not. I cannot see a reason for a company omitting such a vital thing.

Sponsored Links
the bath will have an overflow and it is located in the button you turn to open the plug hole

bet the hose from it to the waste has popped off

They're bull-$hitting you. They probably haven't fitted the overflow properly.

yeah every bath has got a overflow looks like they are trying to pull a fast 1

Sponsored Links
If it has a pop-up waste it might be leaking. They often to that as you have a link moving around as it goes through what should be a sealed joint.

Or maybe where the flexible pipe is connected to the overflow hole it is not making a tight seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back