Combi Boiler - Brand Opinions

Sponsored Links
tony has a fixation about plumbers with mobile numbers my number has remained the same for the last nine years and still get calls from customers on the mainland where i last worked seven years ago ,so please stop making incorrect generalisations about people :p

Stick with Potterton show a bit of loyalty as your netaheat has obviously been good to you over the past 20+ years

Potterton Gold combi gives you 3 years warranty as well :p
(and no im not on commision)

Sponsored Links
PGR said:
Hi,

I'm going to replace an ageing Potterton Netheat conventional boiler in our 3-bed semi, with something a bit newer and more efficient. I've decided to go down the condensing combi route, sited up in the loft. I've received some quotes for the work, and have narrowed it down to two in the same ballpark. However, the boilers they've suggested are different.

One chap would be fitting an Alpha CD32C with a Honeywell CM67RF optimising thermostat. He's the main-dealer for Alpha-Ocean in our area.

The other guy would be fitting a Worcester Greenstar 30Si with a DT10RF Optimiser. Naturally, he's the main-dealer for Worcester-Bosch in our area.

I confess to knowing nothing about the relative merits of individual boiler brands/models. Given that quotes from these two guys are pretty similar, I'd like to ask for opinions on which boiler brand you would opt for if it were your money you were spending?

Also, is the Honeywell thermostat better than the Worcester one? Could it be fitted to the Worcester boiler instead of the DT10RF?

Thanks in advance.

Go for higher flowrates than those models. Models that are suitable:

- Baxi 133 HE PLus (the lower end of the range with a poor reliabability record as a company. The 133 HE Plus is newish so no real feedback on reliability)
- Alpha CD50 (will fill a bath pronto. 5 yr guarantee)
- W-Bosch 40kW
- Highest kW Glow Worm (around 38kW)

Viessmann, Eco-Hometec (have a high flowrate model) , Etag and Atmos are the RRs and cost more but worth it in the end.

The best costs - I am not saying you get what you pay for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back