no hot water without ch potterton puma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would be grateful for any advice......can only get hot water from my combi when central heating is on....rather hot for that at the moment! Was led to think it was the diverter valve so I replaced that at a lot of expense and knuckle bashing. Before I think about changing either the microswitch or circuit board any ideas? Thanks

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the DHW flow switch actuator has failed.

You need to watch it when a hot tap is turned off.

Tony

Replaced wax capsule on my puma a couple of weeks back and everything was okay. Went away for a week back last night and the pilot had gone out when I relighted there was a strong smell of gas from the boiler. Obviously nothing to do with the wax cap' but nothing else has been touched. Turned gas off last night was hoping the smell was residual gas from the pilot but tried again today and the smell is just as bad. Anyone got any ideas as to the cause?

Sponsored Links
Could I suggest a gas leak?

I would suggest that you are beyond the scope of DIY and that you should get a competent CORGI engineer?

Tony

Advise taken will book a corgi & thanks Tony I did kind of work out gas leak!...I was just wondering if any part of the boiler is prone to 'go' and cause the leak. Anyway it's not worth messing around where gas is involved as you say I will get in the pro's!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back