Graden/Outdoor Plumbing

sr2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Not a plumber myself, just someone who likes a bit of DIY every now and then.

Anyway I have a childrens room at the back of the garden about 40ft from the main house. In winter it gets cold and "damp". I want to install a radiator in there. Now the thing is I want the rad connected to the existing system in the house which means running pipe underground in the garden through to the back. I don't to use an electric/portable gas heater as its can get expensive plus I would need to go into the room about an hour beforehand and turn the heating on to warm up the room. If it was connected to the house it would be on when the heating in the house was on. I have several questions about this:

1) Is this advisable?
2) If this can be done what sort of material should be used?
3) How can I work out if the system can cope with it? I currently have 11 rads on the existing boiler. I have no problem turning 1 or 2 off if necessary.
4) How to prevent the pipes from freezing, etc?

Like I said about not a plumber myself just a DIYer :D

Any help would be great.

Cheers
SR2

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt run central heating pipes underground, 40ft to anywhere.
Put a portable heater in and connect it to a timer.

superskanker said:
I wouldnt run central heating pipes underground, 40ft to anywhere.
Put a portable heater in and connect it to a timer.

Whats the main reason not to?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back