Whirlpool dishwasher-no salt adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought an integrated dishwasher about 6 months ago. Im in a very hard water area. I filled the unit with salt from the start and most of the time use the 3 in 1 tablets but have noticed cloudiness building up. Ive even bought new glasses and the same is happening. Ive come to try and see if the salt level can be adjusted but there is no adjustment on this model. Ive called Whirlpool who have confirmed their is no adjustment for the salt output to cater for different hardness levels. I cant believe this...Ive never known a dishwasher not be able to be adjusted for different hardness levels? Am I being fobbed off here? In my opinion this model isnt fit for its purpose.

Sponsored Links
Cloudy glasses may not be limescale, it may be the aggressive cleaners eroding the surface of the glass.

To check for limescale deposits, look at the heating element at the bottom. If there is limescale it will mostly form on this element (like in a kettle) and will be visible. If the element is bright then it is not getting limescale.

No visible element on this model. Uses a tube heater.
Are you putting rinse aid in the machine too?
The salt you put in the dishwasher isn't used to wash the dishes or glasses, it's used to flush out the water softener unit.
Basically, after washing it will flush out the softener unit. This is why it takes in water and empties at the beginning of every program. It's getting rid of the salt water from the softener and stagnant water from the sump.
No need for regulation of the salt usage, it uses enough to clean the softener unit regardless of the water hardness.
Therefore the cloudiness has nothing to do with salt.
More likely your 3 in 1 tablets or possibly using rinse aid as well as 3 in 1's.
Try a different tablet, fairy active bursts are supposed to be the best.
If your adding rinse aid you're overdosing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back