BOSCH SHV4313 Dishwasher pump will not cut-out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pump on my BOSCH SHV4313 Dishwasher will not cut-out. The control panel indicator is showing “End” but the pump just keeps on going.

I assume that this is either a fault with the control panel or possibly a sensor? I have disconnected the control panel and reassembled and the problem cleared much to my amazement (see also P.S. below). However, this could have be coincidental as the problem reoccurred after only two days. I have take the control panel apart again (down to the PCB) and there are no obvious signs of damage (the relays rattle somewhat but I guess this is normal?). On reassembly the pump still keeps going.

So before looking at getting the control panel checked out, could it be a sensor? If so, can anyone advise what sensors are connected with the pump circuitry and where they are located? What is the best way of determining whether it is the control panel or a sensor?

I don’t want to spend too much on a repair as the machine is just over 5 years old.

P.S. Just before the problem occurred for the first time we used a different Salt and for some reason nearly all the salt was used in one wash. This I guess could have caused a problem with a sensor. When I removed the control panel for the first time, I also added hot water in the theory that this might clear any sensors – so this may have helped. However, repeating this exercise has not helped a second time. Any indicators as to the likely cause would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
There is a float switch in the base and there had obviously been a leak. The pump doesn't remove the water but nevertheless is still activated. Once the water was removed everything was fine. My conclusion was that when adding salt the bottom ring was loosened causing the water leak. After tightening there seems to be no further leak. A cheap fix (with the exception of time)!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back