Worcester boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm renovating a house and having new central heating -

(remove b-boiler and gas fire, new rads in all rooms, condensing combi in kitchen + pipework for thermo shower in bathroom)

At first my installer said he would fit a Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior which should be sufficient.

We then negotiated on price and he now says that he will fit a Worcester 30si because we are in a hard water area and the fact that it has two heat exchangers should help with furring up problems.

Do you think this is the real reason or is the 30 si cheaper to fit for some reason?

To be honest I'm happy with the price, I just want to know that I'm getting a good boiler that will be suitable?? (two bed semi, 1 bathroom + shower, 2 people)

Any advice appreciated!!

Thanks

Maceman

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chrishut - that looks good to me! I checked the 28i junior on the same site and there seems to be very little difference in terms of functions and capability - I think the 30si is designed to cope with a biiger workload.

Doesn't seem to be much on the price either.

Maceman

Sponsored Links
Have come across couple of 28i juniors with heat exchangers completely blocked with limescale, in very hard water areas. They do seem to be particularly prone to it.
Edit Ooops :oops: - those were the non condensing ones - the Greenstar version is a different animal. Your installer may have made the same mistake as me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back