HELP, DAMSEL IN A COMPLETE DISASTER ZONE!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Single Mum, multiple problems...lol. I fooloishly overloaded my new washing machine which vibrated quite violently and pumped water out of the dispenser drawer. I have tried small loads, empty washes but all I get now is the machine filling as it should with water, (good) the Pre-wash button flashing......and flashing.......and flashing. (bad) It simply does nothing else. Can ANYBODY please help me? Blonde and desperate!!!! :oops:

Sponsored Links
Can I suggest you post your make and model of machine so someone can assist! It will be on the front of the instruction book if you are not sure

Hiya, P.E. I am sorry, I am in such a state here. I have looked on the front of the machine and it says WF340. I would be so grateful if somebody could help me, I am in tears here, the floor is flooded and my washing pile is getting higher and higher. Katie x

Katie
Just noticed you said it is a new machine. If so should be under warranty so you can get in touch with hotpoint service department and they should come out fairly quickly if you make enough noise

Look at your manual it will have the contact details for service alternatively book online at www.hotpointservice.co.uk

Hopefully someone else can come in with any suggestions?

Good luck

Sponsored Links
I bought it in March, I cannot find the receipt so they are being at best rude and unhelpfull. Can somebody PLEASE give me some advice as to what this may be. THANK YOU xx

If you paid on CC you could try contacting the Card Co.
When I had Hotpoint come to do a warranty repair for me, They just said the engineer would need to see the receipt.

Contact the shop you bought it from. They will be able to supply a replacement receipt.

I am sure you really need an engineer to call. The fault you describe unfortunately is not a run of the mill fault and not easily answered with a fast fix cure in a forum. One possibility is you may have splashed water on the control panel/programmer which will be a major repair. Sorry.

And it only needs the shop to provide a copy of the original purchase receipt to cover the cost of an engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back