potterton profile not firing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
This is my first time on here so be gentle!I'm a decorator by trade but i changed a radiator today in a customers house as i have a bit of experience in plumbing.I drained there full system as i had to re-route some pipes[also drained hot water tank].Turned water back on and every thing fine until boiler turned itself off after two minutesand it did this two more times until i traced a blocked pipe that was leading to the hot water tank;i think the boiler was shotting itself off via a thermal cut off switch because it couldnt pump the water any where.anyway,drained tank again and ran pump and this seemed to clear the blockage so i filled tank up again and tried the hot water and central heating but the boiler refused to fire up!Its getting power because the pump runs in full pump mode but no ignition.the boiler is a profile 50el,anybody any experience of this type of problem?Youre help would be greatly appreciated.thanks.jay.

Sponsored Links
You found the overheat reset underneath? Poke finger through ole onto brown placcy button. If it doesn't click it wasn't out.
Bleed air first from pipes by HW cylinder - usually a vent there.

had aprofile playing up once before because the wires underside boiler where being knocked about with vibration due to them being squashed up by the casing bottom draw .think it was a profile. long time ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back