Steam shower - pressure query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to have delivered a steam shower and need some advice as to what I can do about my boiler pressure.

When I first bought the house I looked at the boiler and saw that the pressure was very close to nothing, so I boosted the pressure up by releasing the valve on the filling loop as I have done this in the past.

However, the other day a British Gas engineer visited our house and commented that our pressure on the boiler was reading as being at 2.0 BAR and said that when there is no hot water being used on the system the pressure should not be that high.

What I need to know is - What should my ideal pressure be and when I get my steam shower will it operate without any hiccups? i.e will the pressure in the boiler adjust itself?

I really know naff all about boilers and would really appreciate some advice from anyone out there.

I have a Ferroli F30 - if that helps at all?

I'm VERY nervous as I understand that you cannot fit a pressure pump onto a combi system....I've spent alot of money on this shower and really hope I can have it work without any hiccups......Cheers in advance!!! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about the system pressure shown on the boiler. It would normally be set at 1.0 bar or so, but 2.0 bar won't do any harm, as long as it doesn't increase to 3.0 bar when the heating is on. Anyway, it has no bearing on the domestic hot water (what you use in the shower, etc.).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back