fridge very warm inside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies to those who think this may have been answered before, I couldn't find it!

Fridge sounds as if it is working normally, though noisily; light working; but the inside temperature is very warm, and no icing as all water droplets are just that. Drain hole appears clear, no build up of debris there. Fridge switches off when dial is turned to zero, starts again, at any setting.
I suspect, from previous answers that this is not the thermostat.
Is there a cheaper way to fix this other than buying a new fridge?
Thanks for reading this far.
Planenut

Sponsored Links
it may be it has lost its gas (the stuff that actualy keeps it cool) if its a few years old new fridge, but you could try ringing round to see if any one will re gas it.

when i was at HP i had to help move a fridge so it could be re gassed, so it can be done, but at what price i have no idea

could be lack off cooling gas as its not cooling!!!!!!

thermostat dosnt sound faulty !!!!!!

£60 to have it charged up or new fridge!!!!

but hey i am a chippy so may be talking out my rectum :rolleyes: ;)

ooo well breezer beat me to it :D :D :D ;)

I can't advice you to do this but if it was mine I'd turn it off then turn it upside down and then back upright again and then switch it back on, but I'd emty it first :LOL:

Sponsored Links
many thanks, so far, chaps.
The cost of re-gassing may steer me to a fresh purchase, and I think I actually understand the logic of inverting it.
The comments also save me wasting money on the thermostat.
Many thanks,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back