Super Fresco wallpaper does it need painting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to buy some Super Fresco wallpaper but have been told my a decorator that it will need painting. When I asked in Homebase they assured me that it could be painted but it wasn't essential.
Is there a definitive answer to this please?

thanks

Sponsored Links
It will need painting, your deckie was right.

It isnt designed to be left white, it will discolour fairly quick and the joints will show as they are not designed to be left bare.

But the biggst problem you will have with that stuff is the variation in the texture...its common to blown vinyls and fresco is one of the worst im affraid.

Feel the first three foot or so when you open a new roll...you may find its smoother than the rest...tear it off and bin it.

But keep a close eye on the joints when its being hung too..those papers have a tendancy to be flatter along the seams.

Mkae usre your deckie is aware of this.

I have had untold problems with fresco paper and the cmpany have paid my wages three times to put it straight.

Oh and i wouldnt take to much notice of people in DIY stores...most are clueless

A plain super fresco would need painting, but you can but rolls with a colour pattern in them, which look okay for a year or so, then it looks grubby so would have to paint anyway.

Sponsored Links
Pleasure...and remember, when you ask staff in the sheds about a product think about the question..

If you say 'can I paint over this'...they will probably say yes...they are telling you want you want to here, if they say no they know that they might be drawn into a conversation about something they no nothing about.

If you said 'can you tell me the pros and cons about painting or not painting this paper' I doubt if you will get much info out of them..

When in doubt ask a decky or a decky'ess :rolleyes:

papergirl said:
You only just saved yourself there Zampa! ;)

I was going to say 'ask a qualified deckie...or papergirl'!...but I didnt want to get slung about... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back