blocked kitchen sink.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I haven't got a clue about plumbing.

My sink is blocked. When i flush the toilet upstairs the water in the sink starts to bubble and lots of little bits come out of the plug and it becomes unblocked for a while. Also, during one of its unblocked moments i rans the tap for a while trying to flush the drains but the washing machine door then burst open flooding my kitchen.

Any ideas what to do??

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds complicated.

You might just need to clean out the u bend and get the washing machine door fixed, but I suspect if the washing machine is on a spigot from above the ubend under the kitchen sink thee is a blockage down the branch.

Depends on the relative position of everything but try filling the bath to the absolute brim and letting it go. Don't blame me if washing machine door falls off again though.

Otherwise distance and number of appliances on branch might need looking at, presence or absense of vent.

Ultimately whole system may need taking part cleaning renewing, redesigning.

Not to mention checking the drains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back