Plastic water and waste pipe in concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm renewing my shower-room which had a tiled concrete floor with all the water and waste pipes in the concrete. I have removed all the tiles and dug out the trenches and removed all the copper and waste pipes
for the reason :- the tos*** who installed the copper, bent the pipes over his knee and kinked the pipes, ie not much flow so crap shower :cry: . and a interesting taste in tiles.

So now I have to replace, I would like to use plastic water pipes because concrete likes copper and there will be no joints, good idea or not ?

I know its not the ideal option, cos I will be laying ceramic floor tiles, but, can I bury the 40mm waste pipe with a Y connection (solvent glue type) for sink and shower waste. Is there a problem with this ? other than the obvious, making sure the glue joints are very good, do I need to protect the pipes / joints with anything ?

maybe the power of prayer against leaks !!!

thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
In France the pipe sizes are different to those used in England.

Many of us do not like the idea of burying any pipe in concrete!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back