Combi boiler failing to light: pressure: 0 bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all: I'd be really appreciative if someone could give me some advice here.

I've got a Worcester 24i combi boiler which last night failed to light for hot water. However, this morning - having expected a cold shower - it produced hot water!

The thing that worries me is that the pressure is reading 0 bar, even though today it is working normally.

About a month ago it discharged a largeish amount of water which worried me but I thought that this might have been due to some overflow valve. It has not done this since.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

MB

Sponsored Links
Clearly the system pressure needs restoring to 1 bar. See the FAQ topic for details. Check that it isn't discharging water again when repressurised.

There's no pressure switch though, so low P wouldn't have stopped it working before, so something else is wrong.

Overheating due to lack of water in the primary part of heat exchanger? I thought it best to eliminate the system pressure issue first anyway.

Sponsored Links
It might have noticed lack of flow of water - and not overheated, just not worked. But there seems to be enough water for it to go now. :confused:
Anyway, fillerup and see how she goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back